Our Gang

Our Gang
Jason, Deacon, Kennedy, & Me ~ March 2012

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Going for a Little More Shut-Eye

So, in the mail today arrived our monkeys... that's right!  Our outstanding-reviews-by-tons-of-parents-monkey-sleep-training-clocks.  The way it's designed to work is that the monkey is asleep while the child is asleep & the monkey awakes at a time set by the parent at which time the child can awake or get out of bed.  It can be muted so it's not awaking your child everyday, but when they awake the can see if the monkey is sleeping & know if they can arise yet or not.  And you're supposed to explain that their getting out of bed before the monkey's eyes are open will awake the monkey so you want to be quiet so their monkey can sleep.


My crazies are early risers... like 6:30 early.  And I'm up too so it's not that I'd like to lay in bed and sleep longer or anything.  I'd just like 30 minutes to shower, dress, & get going without their encouragement & support.  Soldier man is rarely here during our morning routine even if he is in town, so for me it's my 30 minutes to rise & shine without looking like Night of the Living Dead when I go out for the rest of the day.  So, we bought the monkeys in an effort to train them to stay in their beds until 7:00 a.m. hopefully training them to sleep that long over time.  So today I introduced the monkeys & came up with a little craft for them to make where they could practice putting something to sleep just like I would do them in the evenings.  Here's hoping they will not awake their monkeys!!

Sleeping Monkeys... you hit a button to make their eyes close when the kids go to sleep. (I guess I need to coordinate the time on their clocks now that I'm looking at it!)


Awake Monkeys... their eyes open at the time you've set the alarm for.  The alarm can be muted making just the eyes open quietly in the event the kids sleep until the designated time.


We took a plain small paper bag to use as our "bed".



We glued cotton balls on the top section as a pillow.


The crazies were able to decorate the "sheets" using stickers.


I cut up an old flannel blanket to use as a comforter for their "beds".


They practiced putting their bears to "bed" warning them to not wake the monkeys the same way I'd explained it to them.


I've kept their original boxes.  In case it doesn't work.  In the event I'd like to resale on Ebay or something.  Or smash something really hard with a hammer.  This. Has. To. Work.




No comments:

Post a Comment