Our Gang

Our Gang
Jason, Deacon, Kennedy, & Me ~ March 2012

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Lettin' It Hang Out...

So, today I quit.  I gave up.  I lost the battle.  It's not like me to throw the towel in or be defeated, but today I had to fall out of the race.  I let the straps hang out.
There are many sacrifices that military wives make -- surviving months without a spouse, doing bath duty for the kids solo many nights in a row, picking up & starting a new life every few years, in a new house. New city.  New state.  And then there are the little things.  Like not having someone there to fasten your bracelet before you head into church.  Or hang with the kids in the car while you run in for a gallon of milk real quick.  Or tie your shoes for you when you are too preggo to bend over any more.  Or hide your bra straps with the attachment so they don't stick out of your sundress.  This morning I was missing my soldier man over the little things.
It is heating up in the Mojave -- like into the 3 digits -- so it is sundress weather.  The one I picked out this morning is a halter & I couldn't find the right bra.  So, I pulled out the little attachment that I bought to help "tuck" my straps together & conceal them on my regular bra.  Well, it might as well have been a WWF match right there in my bedroom.  I'm not sure if I wasn't reading the step-by-step instructions right or if I just got in a hurry, but I started really wanting my soldier man desperately to be here & clip that attachment for me right in the center of my upper-back.  It was a losing battle & I just wanted help.
After going round & round, me versus my bra, I threw in the towel & thought it couldn't be that bad if I just let 'em hang out.  I can sort of tuck them nicely behind my dress straps, until I bend over to help my crazies.  It's probably a tell-tell sign that I'm a military wife riding it solo these days.  So the straps won, I went out with my bra showing (gasp!!) & I threw that attachment to the floor.  By the way, I couldn't get my bracelet of choice on either.  

My handy-dandy strap attachments that did not come through today.


Ugh.


Unconcealed...


Looking kinda bad


Went with the old & not preferred tuck-n-go.


1 comment:

  1. That device is the devil! But I like your pretty new necklace :)

    ReplyDelete