Our Gang

Our Gang
Jason, Deacon, Kennedy, & Me ~ March 2012

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Hungry Caterpillar Complete!

Upon moving to a new post in January, we knew that we would have 3 bathrooms which meant that (finally!!) we could have a kid bathroom that could be decorated with kiddo things.  I started to search what we wanted & tried to find something that would be a perfect co-ed bathroom for the crazies.  When I came across the Pottery Barn Hungry Caterpillar Bathroom at a store in New Orleans (we literally were en route to here), I fell in LOVE!  So, we ordered what we needed & put it all together & were sooo happy with their new little space.  
Well, I had a frame just sitting on the wall that I was waiting to fill with the perfect picture & scored it this weekend. Just some good ole' bathtub fun that I was able to catch in the moment.  So, now, the bathroom is complete, frame & all!  Here is a recap of how it turned out.

This is the shower curtain that started my love affair...


This was my inspiration for polka dots as a border.


I used different colors of vinyl to create a border around the room.


The crazies helped to create some artwork on a canvas for their bathroom -- a perfect keepsake!



We came up with a way for them to hang their towels at a height they could reach.


Themed caddies for their counter.


The various sized jars I loved for an outdoor feel.  The mason had with a strong of lights was my idea -- I was trying to go for a firefly effect to keep it outdoorsy.


And the picture I scored of the crazies -- I LOVE it!!





No comments:

Post a Comment