Our Gang

Our Gang
Jason, Deacon, Kennedy, & Me ~ March 2012

Monday, April 30, 2012

Best-Smelling Sand EVER!

Today is a BUNCO night for me & I cannot wait!  With soldier man away though, it means a no-nap day for the kids so the sitter has the easiest job of putting the kiddos to bed at 7:00 (& getting paid $30 just to sit on my couch for 3 hours, not chasing kids... lucky, lucky girl).  So, I had to get creative with something to do during with what would usually be their nap time to avoid meltdowns & whining in the darkest hour.  And Moondough it was -- who knew flour, baby oil, a container, & some cups & trucks could provide so much fun!  And it smelled AMAZING!  Even I couldn't keep my hands out.  Unlike regular sand, it does not stick to your hands in a grindy way & like play dough, it is moldable so you can create things.  Our no-naptime went great & the sweet tween can sit comfortably on my couch tonight thanks to the Moondough & a fun couple of hours outdoors!

To create, 8 cups of flour & 1 cup of baby oil -- just mix together!


D pouring the flour, times 8.


Next comes the oil. 


The fun part... very texture friendly for kids!


Playing dunptrucks in the new sand.



More outdoor fun!




 My Deacon... flour & all!


Can't be in the desert without a little water going!


Sweet K loves the outdoors!



No comments:

Post a Comment