Our Gang

Our Gang
Jason, Deacon, Kennedy, & Me ~ March 2012

Friday, June 8, 2012

Prepping for Pre-Pre-K

As a couple, we have always agreed to keep our crazies home until pre-K, the year right before Kindergarten.  Our train of thought is 1. they have their whole life to be in school so why start 'em so young, 2. kids should learn early through play & we did not want to pay just for that, 3. they are only young once & there are things that we just did not want to miss, & 4. we felt strongly that if I am a SAHM it was part of the SAHM role.  I do enjoy my crazies & they mostly make life fun, so it has been a blessing to be able to be home with them & teach them in our day-to-day life.  I should throw in here that we DO NOT judge people who do put their kids in a program -- these are our thoughts for our family & our life & we feel strongly that this is what works best for us. 
So, I went to register D for his pre-K year because this fall should be it -- his turn to (finally!!) be in pre-K. WRONG.  My little guy has an October birthday & in this state that means we have another year before he is 4 in September which is the eligibility for pre-K.  WHAT?!?  That took me a while to wrap my brain around, but I think I am there.  Finally.
So, the crazies have been in Cooking Camp this week & I have taken that space of time to sort prepare for another year home with D.  I have been actually looking & printing all of those pins on Pintrest to get ready to do our own sort of Pre-K at home before he is able (age-wise) to get into a program.  I've tried to focus on writing letters, writing numbers, sight words, tiny math & then concepts like seasons, states, money, planets, & time. And of course as holidays or unique days roll around there are TONS of crafts/activities/experiments to do to tie into whatever your focus is for the week or month.
I thought I would share some of the links that I have been using in case anyone is looking for any help as they gear up for their own version of school at home.  And now I will use this weekend to organize & come up with more of a game plan on the execution of everything... all while we wait on one more year.

education.com/worksheets
This site has AMAZING worksheets & you can select the age-appropriate & topic you are looking for.  Example: pre-school - math - subtraction.  I got a TON from here.

http://www.makinglearningfun.com/
This site has some great printable pages that are categorized by themes or holidays making it very easy to search through.  I printed off some fun color by number sheets here.

http://www.oopseydaisyblog.com/mommy-school
I LOVE this sight as she provides many themed packets with activities, songs, crafts, & sheets to complete.  Example: if you need a M is for Monster packet, this has a lot for the preschool age.  I have been using this site for about a year now & have tons of things already on stock that we will re-use or just start doing now with K.

http://www.1plus1plus1equals1.com
This blog has some good printables as well, some themed & some not, but all good to help stimulate the little people.  


Here are just some examples of what I've been able to print, for FREE, to get D & K ready for their pre-pre-K years.

I got a little print-happy, but I'm thinking I will copy now to use for K later!


There are sheets like this for every letter A-Z.


Again, sheets like this for every number 0-10. 


And just more examples of what is available... all for FREE!!!




1 comment:

  1. Love!!! Thank you :) I am always looking for things like this for the boys.

    ReplyDelete