Our Gang

Our Gang
Jason, Deacon, Kennedy, & Me ~ March 2012

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day Creativity

Today is Father's Day so I thought I would share what we did for the important men in our life.  While most people don't love shopping for men as much, I find them pretty simple & take advantage of that.  Usually some food certificated go a long way as does a game of golf.  Or you can replace things that seem worn that they look over everyday -- new wallets, watches, socks.  But, I also can't take a day to be practical & bypass any opportunity to be a little crafty.  So we made sure to do something fun for all of the men.


For all of the grandfathers, we used the crazies feet to write a little love note.  We painted their given "name" on their feet & then took a picture with these signs.  It was a little more difficult than it looks, only because of the age of the crazies.  "Sit up. Don't squint. Hold your sign straight. Smile.  Feet straight up."  I swear, it took like 30 minutes with me saying these things over & over, but with older kids it should be easier.  They turned out super cute so we placed them in a frame for all of the grandfathers.  



And for Soldier Man, there have been some cute pictures lately that I wanted to do something special with.  The crazies are into dress up so these were some pictures that I captured around our house.


 So I made this with a fun frame from Hobby Lobby, some paint, some vinyl, & the Cricut.  It turned out cute & I LOVE reminding him what exactly he means to the crazies.


1 comment: