Our Gang

Our Gang
Jason, Deacon, Kennedy, & Me ~ March 2012

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Baking Earth


So, in honor of Earth Day, I let the crazies continue with some themed learning in the kitchen.  We made Earth cupcakes full of funky colors & delish chocolate (dirt) icing.  They both pulled in their chairs & wanted to help -- this usually is kickstarted by the sound of the blender as they have learned their is something yummy to lick so they come running in.  It's funny how some scrumptious store-bought cake mix, some dye, & some icing can create a load of fun for these two (okay, 3, I enjoyed it too!)

D helped pour in some pre-measured ingredients.


It's lick time!


Stirring their added colors all in.


Pre-baked appearance -- they just dropped spoonfuls into the tins.


Wah-laa!  All done!


D (unrelated to me) wanted to eat his without icing... I think he thought it was really dirt.


K, ahhhh, a girl after my own heart!


No comments:

Post a Comment