Our Gang

Our Gang
Jason, Deacon, Kennedy, & Me ~ March 2012

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Peppermint Bark

We have been doing a J is for Jesus week here with the crazies & using lots of candy canes for the "J". Little did I know how MUCH my crazies love candy canes... every time we would use one they would eat one, or two, or three.  I had no idea they liked them so much.  So, it seemed fitting that I make one of my favorite holiday treats with them -- Peppermint Bark.  It is easy peasy & only requires 3 ingredients.  The hardest part is getting the plastic off of the candy cane.  Seriously.  So, the crazies followed me to the kitchen & I put them to work.

Here are your 3 ingredients: 12 candy canes, a bag of white chocolate morsels, & 1 tsp. peppermint oil.


Unwrap the candy canes & place them in a ziploc bag -- K was my unwrapper & D placed them in the bag.


Use a heavy spoon to crush the candy canes into tiny pieces... this was their favorite part!


While crushing, let the microwave work for you to melt the morsels.  Melt in 30 second intervals.  I can melt the bag in 3-30 second intervals stirring in between.


Take the crushed candy canes & pour into the melted chocolate.  Add the 1 tsp. peppermint oil & stir.


 Spread the mixture onto a piece of parchment paper covering about a 9x13 area.  If you like yours thicker, spread it thicker.  I prefer mine thin.


Let it sit & harden.  Usually about an hour.  Break into pieces & enjoy.  An easy holiday treat... & the crazies loved it just like I thought they would!

No comments:

Post a Comment