Our Gang

Our Gang
Jason, Deacon, Kennedy, & Me ~ March 2012

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Her Slippers Have Been Retired

It seems like just yesterday we started Kennedy in dance & ballet.  Seriously, it hasn't even been a year, so when she took off her slippers in class telling me "day huwt my toes" I was in some serious denial that she'd outgrown her first pair of ballet slippers.  I have a vision to hang all of her slippers through the years on this board with pictures dangling based on a picture I saw on the infamous Pintrest, but one pair didn't give me much to work with yet.  So, I took the pair & created this shadowbox.  And I love it.  I love that it captures her at the exact age that she wore these shoes & I love that the B&W make it a pretty timeless picture.  We hung it in her room this week & she could not be more proud of her pictures or her shoes, or maybe the fact that her toes won't hurt anymore.


1 comment:

  1. I love this. My first ballet shoes and first pointe shoes are still floating around my parents' house. I would love to do something like this with them.

    ReplyDelete