Our Gang

Our Gang
Jason, Deacon, Kennedy, & Me ~ March 2012

Friday, November 16, 2012

I is for Indians... & alot of Thanksgiving stuff

With Thanksgiving fast approaching & the letter "I" in our forecast, I couldn't help but do an "I is for Indian" theme here for our learning time.  The crazies have had lots of Thanksgiving-themed crafts during our learning time & have loved it.  I'm still happy we have a week to fit more in!!  Deacon has practiced writing letters A-I & does really well.  We also spent some extra time practicing writing our numbers 1-7 more & he is getting better.  I've "promoted" him from tracing & writing his name daily to just writing it daily -- now I need to teach him how NOT to take up a whole piece of paper with it : )  I found some great Thanksgiving themed math practice sheets on education.com & even introduced him to Suduko which he enjoyed.  He also got some more practice at coloring by number as well as connecting the dots.  Here are some of the many pics of our festive & fun learning & craft times!

Deacon's name writing practice, on a whole piece of paper


Our Indian headpieces... K really got into it & Deacon loved coloring his




My Little Tribe


 K working on color pairing   & the Suduko puzzle I found online
            

D coloring by number


Making turkeys to practice our shapes




 Connecting the dots


K really enjoyed a dice game -- she rolls it & has to find 4 items of the number rolled


We discussed the Mayflower & Pilgrims & made a ship with our handprints


 K putting her hand down & D got creative with drying his paint


 The finished product


Our Thankful Turkeys we made with some pinecones Meme & Papa sent




No comments:

Post a Comment