Our Gang

Our Gang
Jason, Deacon, Kennedy, & Me ~ March 2012

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day Reveal

A few posts ago I mentioned that I'd been crafting up our Mother's Day gifts for the grandmothers in our family & today I thought I would share what we'd been working on.  


We designed table runners using the crazies handprints down the center with either side reading "With These Hands We Give Thanks".  I was super pleased with how they turned out & was a little irritated that I did not make one for our table.  Maybe later.  I used bright colors to make it look more kid-friendly, but you can choose whatever palate suits your subject or color area.  Here's what we did:

All you need is a runner, paint in your choice of colors, & a paintbrush.



Paint their hand in a thick coat.


Place it on the runner.


Repeat several times in several colors until you have it as full as you'd like. I think I was able to do each child's hand about 7 times making 14 handprints.


Occasionally, they'd get a dab of paint some place unintended so I used a circle brush to cover it up with dots.  It wasn't the original plan, but it covered up any stray paint & gave it a more colorful look!



To paint the wording, I found it easiest to put a glue top on the paint bottle to help the letters look their best.  It was super easy in helping the paint to come out uniformly for the wording to look good.



And Ta-Dah!  Our final product...

3 comments:

  1. Heather Hart, You are an extraordinarily AMAZING woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you find a plain white cloth table runner? This is a fantastic idea! Thinking of doing it for an end-of-year teacher gift.

    ReplyDelete